Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Humbled Heart


I lost everything the second the pregnancy test was positive. I lost my reputation and respect. I lost what friends I thought I had. I gave up my job and being with some of the greatest people I know. My future was changed forever...
Heart broken doesn’t even come close.
I felt so alone. And honestly, I was to ashamed to reach out to anyone. I didn’t feel like I deserved to unload my pain and loss onto anyone else. I had caused enough hurt.
What I didn’t realize is that I had been lost all along. But now for the first time I was feeling it. I realized I can’t do this by myself. It was pretty obvious what I was doing was not working.
 I grew up knowing God is always there. So I started talking to Him. I unloaded all of my pain and loss onto Him. For the first time in my life I humbled my heart and admitted I was a screw up and I desperately needed Him to save me.
God started showing up. He saw my broken heart and started guiding me towards healing. It started with someone to talk to. And then a weekend job with a great family. And not long after that a full time job during the week. And before I knew it I was full time college student. God was answering every prayer I had. 


And here I am now...


with a baby who loves to snuggle.


A baby who is always smiling 


And a baby who almost never cries. 

God knew exactly what I needed and gave me the most perfect baby. 
When I think about the dreams I had for myself I feel the old sorrows creep back in my heart. But then I remember to humble my heart and remember the One who saved me and the things He has in store for my future.

And now let me ask you.
Have you really humbled your heart? 
Do you still need to be rescued? 
Well, He is waiting to save you.


2 comments:

  1. you are such a great writer and such a beautiful person. i enjoy being around you are always so happy in front of others you hold your self high and have respect for those around you regardless of their situation. you are a very respectable young woman and i am very happy that god has crossed our paths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leiza,
    You are always so encouraging!
    I'm glad we are friends!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete