Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Shots

This sweet baby had to get five shots today.

This baby!

And of course I cried.

On the way home I got to thinking. When she began crying because of that shot I felt terrible.
I wanted to snuggle her up and make her feel all better.

At that very moment nothing mattered except for her.
I forgot everything else and only focused on this little girl who was looking to me for comfort.

It's so easy to forget what really matters.
You get stuck in routine.
You lose track of reality.

That baby is the only thing that matters.
She's why I'm going to school. Even though I'm exhausted.
She's why I'm switching from full time to part time at work. Even though I should be striving to make more money.
It's why I chose to leave her father. Even though it can be so lonely sometimes.
And why I make a point to work on my relationship with Christ.

Its hard to change.
Sometimes your just to tired to write an essay.
Or its just so lonely without someone there.

When I chose to keep Esther I chose to sacrifice everything I wanted for her.
I chose to make hard changes and work hard on myself.

Are there things you need to change?
Is there someone you need to leave?
Is there something you need to do?

Talk with someone who is wise and has experience in life.


And pray about it.

It doesn't stay difficult forever.
Maybe its time to finally change your life for the better.
Maybe its time to be the person you always wanted to be.



God says, "Never will I leave you. Never will I forsake you." Hebrews 13:5


No comments:

Post a Comment